The Lettuce Inn

Where Lucy discovers the truth about food...and other stuff too!

22 January 2012

BLISS BALLS



I am always looking for healthy snacks for myself and my family.  In the afternoons I tend to crave something sweet and I have been on a mission to find healthy sweet snacks that aren't full of wheat, dairy and sugar.  This one has a bit of honey in it but the rest of the ingredients are healthy enough to balance that out.  Enjoy!

1 cup puffed rice
½ cup coconut
½ cup sesame seeds
1 cup almond meal
1 cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup carob
½ cup honey
½ cup tahini

·          Mix dry ingredients
·          Gradually add tahini and honey
·          Form into balls (add more honey or tahini if necessary)
·          These can then be rolled in dessicated coconut

NOTES:
 
This recipe works best mixed up in a food processor

I have used different combinations of nuts and seeds depending on what I had available and all worked well

These freeze well and I have even eaten them straight out of the freezer

0 comments:

Post a Comment